Education offers a path out of poverty
School is about preparing you for life and helping you find work. In India, the education system is not geared that way. In rural villages, many young children leave school early, to go and help their parents work. Our education programme is designed to get people into work and to keep the children of the poor in school for longer.
- learning for young children through our ‘play way’ method
- kitchens and kitchen gardens to ensure children receive at least one nutritious meal a day
- rainwater harvesting tanks to provide fresh drinking water
- clean toilets to improve hygiene and health
- many teachers for the community, trained at our local teacher training college.